These Raw Vegan Blueberry Bars are amazing… Made from whole grain certified gluten
free oat flour and sweetened with maple syrup and organic blueberry puree. They are
gluten free, dairy free, peanut free, tree nut free, soy free, Vegan, raw and simple to make.
Enjoy these for breakfast or pack in lunches and for snacks.
I'm excited to officially announce my son has passed his oat food challenge at home! I can't tell you how exciting this really IS!! This opens up so many more possibilities for meals and snacks. And it's one less allergen to worry about :-D The thing I'm most excited for is the extra nutrition. Oats have loads of protein, fiber, zinc and other essential minerals. Not only is it great for breakfast, oat flour is another great option for baking gluten free.
We've started slow but it's been oatmeal every day. He's been enjoying oatmeal for breakfast or muffins with oat sprinkled on top. I've been working on a few recipes but honestly I've just begun dreaming up ideas. We have been without a granola bar for so long that was on of the first things I wanted to make.
Clearly, this is not a granola bar but I have to say, it's pretty awesome. Imagine eating a bowl of oatmeal with a hint of maple syrup and blueberries mixed in. This is it but with no mess and on the go convenience. Another wonderful thing is, these are no-bake or raw.
What about your family? What small but significant success stories do you
have for new food?
Author: Laura @ Petite Allergy Treats
- 3/4 cup oat flour
- 2 T water
- 1 T oil (I used palm shortening, use coconut oil if not allergic)
- 1 T maple syrup
- 1 T molasses
- 1 cup pureed organic blueberries (frozen is fine but be sure to thaw first)
- 1 1/2 cup oat flour
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 T molasses
- 3 T oil
- Bottom Layer: Melt shortening in microwave and combine with other ingredients. Mix well.
- Press into a thin layer in an 8x8 pan. Place in refrigerator.
- Blueberry Layer: Puree blueberry in a food processor. Melt shortening and combine all remaining ingredients.
- Press on top of bottom layer. Garnish with cocoa power or chocolate shavings. (Note the fresher these are, the more vibrant the color.) Enjoy now or freeze for later.
Some other things you may like: